We've talked in the past about developing the habits that help us be more productive, but what are some things productive women don't do?
Things Productive Women Don't Do
As we've discussed before, the truly productive woman isn't the one who crosses the most tasks off her to-do list, but the one who orders her life in such a way as to maximize her positive impact on the world and on the people around her. With that in mind, what are some of the things productive women don't do?
1. Productive women don't neglect their health.
Our bodies and our minds are our most valuable assets. We need to take care of them in order have the energy, alertness, and stamina we need to accomplish the things we care about.
2. Productive women don't obsess about perfection.
Aiming for excellence is good, but expecting perfection will only paralyze us. Sometimes done is better than perfect. Everybody has to start somewhere, and productive women give themselves permission to start where they are and improve over time.
3. Productive women don't say yes without thinking.
When opportunities present themselves or people ask for a commitment, the productive woman will pause first to consider where this new request fits into the current commitments and obligations.
4. Productive women don't ignore their instincts.
Logical thinking and weighing pros and cons are smart and worthwhile, but there's a reason “women's intuition” is a thing, and has been for centuries. Sometimes we need to trust our gut.
5. Productive women don't spread themselves too thin.
Maybe we can do it all, but not all at once. Rather than trying to do many things, there's value in giving your very best to only a few.
6. Productive women don't lose sight of their priorities.
Smart women who have a real, positive impact on their world do so because they think carefully and deeply about what really matters to them, and they make careful, deliberate choices based on their priorities, rather than reacting to the pressures of the moment.
7. Productive women don't focus on their weaknesses.
Rather than beating themselves up over what they can't do, or their perceived limitations, productive women acknowledge their strengths and find ways to use those strengths to accomplish worthwhile things.
8. Productive women don't fear (or fall apart because of) failure.
In order to have an impact, you have to put yourself out there. And that means (gulp!) sometimes you're going to fail. But failure isn't fatal. Look for the lesson to be learned, and try again.
9. Productive women don't stop learning.
They keep their eyes and ears open to lessons they can learn from life, experiences, and other people. We can always learn and grow, no matter how old we are!
10. Productive women don't miss out on the present.
They have an eye toward the future, working toward their goals and making a life that matters, but they know that life is lived in the moment, and they never get so lost in regret for yesterday or anticipation of tomorrow that they miss the joys of today.
What do you think?
Do you agree with my list? Can you add to it? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in iTunes or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy