2014 is winding down, and 2015 is upon us. While we want to stay in the moment and enjoy the holiday celebrations, we can take a little time to give some thought to the coming year and what we want to accomplish. In this episode we look at five important productivity principles to keep in mind as the new year begins, six simple productivity assignments for the last two weeks of the year, and a peek at what’s ahead for The Productive Woman in 2015. (And don’t forget to send me your tips for the upcoming 25th-episode celebration. Scroll down for more info!)
5 Important Productivity Principles
- Productivity isn’t about doing more stuff–it’s about doing the right stuff.
- Nobody can tell you what the right stuff is for you.
- No is a complete sentence (see TPW008 – Saying No Gracefully).
- You can do anything, but you can’t do everything.
- The world needs what you do, but you are not what you do.
6 Simple Productivity Homework Assignments
- Pull out your 2014 calendar and journal, and take a look back (see TPW002 – The Big Picture and TPW013 – Getting Ready to Finish Well)
- Give some thought to your priorities and 2-3 goals you want to focus on as 2015 begins.
- Find some things to be thankful for–there’s always something.
- Take a step–even a small one–toward one of your important goals.
- Spend some undistracted time with the people you love.
- Do something kind for yourself.
A Peek at What’s Ahead for The Productive Woman in 2015
- More great topics
- More interesting guests
- A survey to help me learn what your needs and interests are
- Helpful new resources and tools
- A chance to meet you in person?
What do you think?
How will you ring out 2014, and what will you do to prepare for an amazing 2015? Please share your plans or goals in the comments, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t Forget: Celebrate Episode 25 with Me!
What are your best tips for getting things done, making the most of your time and energy, and making a life that matters? I want to feature them in episode 25. Email your tips to email@example.com, or click on the button at the right of this post to leave a voice message. (Remember if you have more than one tip to share, leave each one as a separate message, and start by telling me who you are–first name only is fine if you’re more comfortable with that–and where you’re from.) If you’re sharing a great productivity tool, be sure to tell us how to find it. From those who contribute a tip, either via email or voice message, by December 31, 2014, I’ll draw a name randomly for a $25 Amazon gift card!
Resources Mentioned in this Episode
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less
- “Clock vs Compass: Which do you need?” by Kirby Ingles – a short, but thought-provoking article.
- I encourage you to listen to episode 84 of the Beyond the To-Do List podcast, in which Brooke McAlary of Slow Your Home talks about simplicity, rhythms, and “tilting” instead of balancing. Some really encouraging thoughts and and great perspectives to help you get the new year started right.
One Last Word from Me to You
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in Apple Podcasts or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Royse City, Texas