How we see our physical selves can have a huge impact–positive or negative–on our confidence, and therefore our productivity. Listen as I discuss body image issues with wife, mom, author, blogger, and speaker Heather Creekmore.
“Compared to Who?” — What Is Our Body Image Based On?
Heather Creekmore is a pastor's wife and a homeschooling mom of four. She's also an author, blogger, and speaker who focuses on helping woman with body image struggles through “Compared to Who?,” a business and ministry that was born out of her own struggles to develop a healthy body image.
In this episode Heather and I talk about how she manages her busy life, including weekly “board meetings” with her husband. (Check out her blog for more details on that!).
We also talk about body image and how it affects our ability to accomplish the things we care about. Heather points out how poor body image affects so many women, even the supermodels who we might assume would be the most confident in their appearance. During our conversation Heather mentioned a really eye-opening Ted Talk by supermodel Cameron Russell; it's well worth a few minutes to watch and consider Cameron's perspective on the power of image:
As Heather points out, we can spend all our time, energy, and attention trying to achieve the “perfect” body–or even just a “better” body–but it's a false goal. We might think that once we achieve that goal weight or that perfect hairstyle, then we'll feel confident and ready to conquer the world, but we won't. Confidence has to come from the inside.
Don't miss the Heather's thoughtful comments on living life intentionally and with a healthy awareness of who we are and what matters most.
Resources Heather Loves
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don't
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
Heather Creekmore never expected to have a ministry that helped women with their body image. The issue is something she personally struggled with for decades. Trying everything from diets to fad exercise programs, she even became a certified fitness instructor thinking that would help solve her body image woes. But it's only been by God's grace that he's shown her the path to new freedom in this arena. Before marriage and motherhood, Heather spent a decade working in politics–including a stint on Capitol Hill–and in non-profit management. Now she's a pastor and church planter's wife, a mother of four, author, speaker and blogger primarily focused on helping women overcome their body image struggles through her ministry called “Compared to Who?”
Pick up some of Heather's “Compared to Who?” t-shirts and tanks on Etsy!!
Connect with Heather
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in iTunes or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy