Productivity is a tool, not a goal. We want to manage our time and organize our lives better in order to have the time to make a life that matters. Productivity is not a one-time-do-it-and-done thing, but a process of growth and improvement over time. In this episode I'll share some of my favorite resources for learning how to be more productive.
Resources for Learning to be More Productive
I've been a student of productivity since long before I launched The Productive Woman. I enjoy learning about ways to improve my systems and discovering new tools. For me, it's about finding ways to make my life better and more effective. Every time I read a good book or blog or listen to a new podcast episode, I find new knowledge, motivation, and inspiration that helps me on my quest to make a life that matters.
Top 5 Favorite Books on Productivity
These are some of the books that have been so influential in my thinking about managing my time, my stuff, my life.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity (Listen to author David Allen talk about the background and changes in this new edition on episode 86 of Beyond the To Do List.)
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less (I talked about the lessons I've learned from this book in episode 32).
- David Sparks' Field Guides: Paperless and Email.
- Mini Habits: Smaller Habits, Bigger Results
- The Life Organizer: A Woman's Guide to a Mindful Year
Favorite Productivity Podcasts and/or Blogs
There are countless blogs and podcasts focused on productivity related topics, but these are some of the ones I learn the most from.
* Working Motherhood, hosted by Dr. Portia Jackson
* Lifehack – a blog comprised of short, practical articles contributed by writers from all walks of like (including a few by me) in categories like productivity, communication, money, work, tech, and more
Recently enjoyed this article: “Back to Basics: Your Weekly Review“
* Zen Habits – Leo Babauta's inspiring blog on topics like simplicity, health and fitness, motivation, goals, and more
I loved this recent article: “Feeling Determined to Change“
* Time Management Ninja – Craig Jarrow's blog focuses on very practical articles about time management, productivity, clutter, and more
Found some motivation in this article: “Choose Which Tasks You Will Drop Today“
Productivity Books that are Next on My TBR (to be read) Pile
These are books that have been recommended by people I respect, and I look forward to reading them soon.
What do you think?
What did I miss? Do you have a favorite resource–a book or podcast or blog or other source that you recommend for learning to be more productive? Please share your suggestions in the comments below.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Whether for business or pleasure, scheduling doesn't have to be a pain — make it simple with Doodle. Check out their great services. Thank you to Doodle for supporting The Productive Woman.
Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in iTunes or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy