As hard as it is to believe, a full year has gone by since the first episode of The Productive Woman hit iTunes. I thought I’d share a few lessons I’ve learned over this past year about productivity and about life.
First: an apology and a thank you.
While looking for a setting in the back-end of the website this past week, I stumbled across an archive of messages from some wonderful listeners. Some of these were from early this year, some more recent, but I had not seen any of them before this week. I’ve replied to the written messages, and I share some of the voice messages in this episode. And we’ve found and fixed the problem in the website that prevented these messages from being delivered to me. So to all of you who’ve reached out to me, I say I’m sorry for the slow response, and thank you. Your feedback, suggestions, ideas, encouragement, and support mean the world to me.
Lessons I’ve Learned This Year About Productivity . . . and Life
- It’s good to have a plan, but some of the best things in life come as surprises. Learn to go with it!
- Let go of perfect. It’s not attainable anyway. Whatever you dream of doing, just start where you are and improve as you go along.
- The world is full of awesome people who are willing to come alongside you and support and encourage you as you pursue the project of your heart. Be willing to be transparent. You’ll be surprised at the people who’ll respond.
- Encouragement comes just when you need it–and from the most unexpected sources.
- Productivity isn’t about doing, but about being.
- Pursuing your dream is scary and hard–but so incredibly worth it.
- It’s never too late to start.Time passes whether or not we follow our dreams. So go ahead and start.
Thank you for the people who’ve made this first year of The Productive Woman awesome!
- My amazing husband, Mike, for the theme music and tech support.
- Daniel J. Lewis, the director of the Noodle.mx network, for his support, advice, and encouragement.
- John Bukenas, for encouraging words and great audio editing.
- Cliff Ravenscraft for the teaching, advice, and encouragement that pushed me over the edge into launching this show.
- Most of all: you! The women (and a few men, I hear) who listen to this show have inspired me and kept me going. I appreciate you more than I can say.
Special shout-outs to just a few of the awesome women who’ve sent me email, Facebook, and voicemail feedback in the past weeks, including:
- Sonia Harris of England
- Sarah Louise Baggott of England
- Belah Rose of the U.S.
- Mia Northrop from Australia
- Priscille Livenais from France
Thank you!!Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in Apple Podcasts or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Royse City, Texas