When I recently put the question out on social media, asking listeners what topics they'd like to hear about on upcoming episodes, several asked for suggestions on productivity apps for smart phones. It's a question I often get asked by friends and colleagues, since I'm known to try lots of apps. In this episode I share ten(ish) of my favorites. Many of them are available on Android and other platforms as well, but I'm most familiar with the iOS versions, so that's what I'll talk about most.
Before I get to the list, a few tips on making your smart phone work for you:
- Don't get distracted by every new app that comes along. (Here's where you should do as I say, not as I do.)
- Keep your 4 most frequently used apps on the dock at the bottom of your screen, accessible from every screen.
- After those 4, keep the apps you use most often on the first home screen.
- Make use of “folders” for similar apps that you need, but don't use daily.
Topic of the Week: My Top 10 Productivity Apps for iPhone
- OmniFocus (with a special nod to Nozbe)
- Drafts (with a special nod to TextExpander)
- Banking App (Chase)
- Walmart Savings Catcher
- TripIt (with a special nod to the American Airlines app)
- Downcast (with a special nod to the Audible app)
What do you think?
Can you recommend a great productivity app that I missed? Especially if you know good alternatives for Android or other types of smart phones. Share your recommendations in the comments below.
Don't Forget: Celebrate Episode 25 with Me!
What are your best tips for getting things done, making the most of your time and energy, and making a life that matters? I want to feature them in episode 25. Email your tips to firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the button at the right to leave a voice message. (Remember if you have more than one tip to share, leave each one as a separate message, and start by telling me who you are–first name only is fine if you're more comfortable with that–and where you're from.) If you're sharing a great productivity tool, be sure to tell us how to find it. From those who contribute a tip, either via email or voice message, I'll draw a name randomly for a $25 Amazon gift card!Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in iTunes or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Check out more Noodle.mx Network shows
- The Audacity to Podcast: "How-to" podcast about podcasting
- Beyond the To-Do List: Personal and professional productivity
- The Productive Woman: Productivity for busy women
- ONCE: Once Upon a Time podcast
- Welcome to Level Seven: Agents of SHIELD and Marvel’s cinematic universe podcast
- Are You Just Watching?: Movie reviews with Christian critical thinking
- the Ramen Noodle: Family-friendly clean comedy