Little things can make a big difference in managing the demands on our time. This episode is a quick flyover of the things that help me on a daily basis. Here are my Top 10 Tips for Managing Your Day (more details in the audio, of course):
- Write it down.
- Get a head start.
- Do your most dreaded task first.
- Turn off distractions.
- Take breaks.
- Eat breakfast.
- Get some exercise.
- Say no.
- Batch process.
Tip of the week: Make your calendar work for you.
- Use it only for time-bound commitments
- Get all appointments into it
- Use one calendar for all appointments (personal, professional, etc.)
Tool of the week:
shared calendars (e.g., in Google Calendar) – If you’d be interested in a short video tutorial about how to set up shared calendars in Google Calendars, let me know in the comments or send an email to email@example.com.
Some resources for more info:
Getting Things Done by David Allen
On the question of whether multitasking is a good idea, check out my post on Lifehack.org: “The Ability to Multitask Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be.”
Next week we’ll talk about goal-setting.
What about you? What are your best strategies for staying on top of your busy days?Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in Apple Podcasts or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Royse City, Texas