Travel can be stressful, but there are lots of things we can do to make it less so. I asked my connections on Facebook to share some of their favorite tips for productive and stress-free travel, and in this episode I share their tips, as well as some of my own.
I won’t try to summarize all of them here–you’ll need to listen to catch some great suggestions–but here are links for some great resources that are mentioned in the episode, as well as some bonus resources.
- Space bags can help you fit more into your suitcase. Anne Mateer recommends these Ziploc Space Bags.
- Check out this tool from Eagle Creek that generates packing checklists tailored to your plans.
- Let TripIt organize all your travel plans for you.
- I love my Monoprice Dual Port Battery Pack and Charger for my iPad, iPhone, and other USB mobile devices. Under $40 as of the date I’m publishing this, and worth every penny when my phone’s about to run out of juice and there’s nary an outlet in sight.
- I also like the Mophie Juice Pack battery cases–a protective case that can also charge your phone’s battery.
- Kathleen Heuer and I both recommend the Belkin SurgePlus 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector. Fits neatly in your travel bag and provides 3 outlets and 2 USB charging ports, all in a compact form.
- Amy Scott recommends this great Time Converter and World Clock for keeping track of time zones when you travel.
- Found on Facebook – this video of a guy demonstrating how he packs for a month-long trip in his backpack (!!) and this video of a cool packing tip for stashing an entire outfit for a small child in a compact roll.
- More information in “How Technology Makes Travel Better,” by Nomadic Matt, September 2, 2014, and tons of cool ideas about technology for travelers at Too Many Adapters.
Thank you to these wonderful ladies* for sharing their tips. Please check out their websites to learn more about them:
- Anne Mateer — author of beautifully written inspirational historical fiction
- Susan Gregory
- Kathleen Heuer — Promoting Your Music Program podcast
- Elaine Clampitt, writer — Find her on Facebook
- Jennifer Dekker Ebeling — Still Growing . . . (a gardening podcast)
- Amy Scott — Nomadtopia
- Sharalee Sherman — Find her on Facebook, or check out the beautiful teak products she and her husband create
- MaryEllen Brenneis
- Lynnea Perry Bennett — The Hairy Godmother and Designs by Lynnea
- Linda Becker
* My sincere apologies to those of you whose names I butchered on-air.
What about you? Which of the tips from this episode will you try on your next trip? Or did we miss the travel tip or tool you rely on most? Please share your questions or your best tips in the comments.Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in Apple Podcasts or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Royse City, Texas