We get a lot of satisfaction from those days when we get a lot done and make progress toward our goals, but how do we respond when we have an unproductive day?
Please take the Listener Survey! (help me make The Productive Woman better!)
Please take a few minutes to fill out a listener survey. It should take less than 5 minutes, and the responses are all anonymous. Thank you so much for your input.
It’s Okay to be “Unproductive”
Does a less-than-productive day leave you in a bad mood? Do you feel like the day is wasted if you haven’t made progress toward your goals? Do you struggle to feel okay allowing yourself time to just relax and do “nothing”?
Sometimes I do.
In this episode, inspired by an honest and transparent email from a listener, I talk about why we sometime react badly to “unproductive” days, and how to deal with those days that don’t turn out as planned. The starting point is rethinking what productivity really means, and remembering that our worth and value don’t come from our accomplishments.
We are not what we do.”
Just because we’re not powering through our to-do lists, that doesn’t mean we’re doing nothing. It’s okay to rest and relax–not only okay, but necessary to our health, our relationships, our quality of life . . . and our productivity.
What do you think?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on the subject of this episode. Leave a message in the comments section below, or email me.
Check out my recent conversations with other podcasters on their shows (available in iTunes and other podcast platforms):
- On episode 21 of Carrie Robaina’s podcast, My Simple Podcast, Carrie and I talked about Making a Life That Matters.
- I really enjoyed the wide-ranging discussion of productivity-related topics with Mike Vardy on his The Productivityist Podcast.
- My conversation with Lisa DeLay on her podcast, Spark My Muse, will be published on September 29, and we’ll be doing a LIVE blab that evening (7 p.m. Central) to talk about productivity. Blab is an exciting new way to chat interactively online. Check it out! Join us for the conversation on September 29–subscribe to the scheduled productivity “blab” by clicking here, and you’ll get a reminder when the time comes.
Check out the special deal on a great task manager:
The makers of Nozbe are offering a special promotional deal: sign up for a year of the awesome task management app, and pay for only 8 months (that’s 4 full months FREE). Learn more by visiting Nozbe here.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsor:
Click here to discover my favorite apps!
I would love to have your help!
- Subscribe, rate, and review The Productive Woman in Apple Podcasts or subscribe in Stitcher.
- Join the conversation at The Productive Woman on Facebook.
- Your feedback matters to me. Please share your comments, questions, or suggestions.
Royse City, Texas